New twist on Nigerian spam. Siiiiigh. People are falling for this stuff?
All new computers should come with a boot-up screen (with a followup quiz) to teach newbies the basics. This woulda saved me a lot of embarrassment when I first got on "the Internets:"
- If someone sends you an email with a really cool, amazing fact, it’s a lie.
- If someone sends you an email asking you to "forward this to 10 friends" don’t do it. It’s a lie, and your friends will secretly hate you.
- Don’t download anything. It’s got a virus in it.
- Don’t give your email address to just anybody.
- Unless you are a king or prince from some far off land, there is no reason a king or prince from some far off land would be contacting you to transfer his money to your bank account.
- If a woman starts chatting with you online, that’s really a man. A dirty, dirty man.
- That really funny joke or web page you’d like to share with all your new online friends? Don’t do it. We already read it 5 years ago. Wait 5 years before forwarding any jokes or URLs to friends.