I have to be careful about what I say, or my development team will tear
me to shreds. But without promising specific dates or anything, I think
it’s time to give an update to our users about the next version of
We’ve been testing real campaigns on the new engine already,
and so far, the results are great. We’ll launch for Beta testing very
soon, and we have a list of long time users we’ll invite. If you
want to be a beta tester, let us know by emailing us.
We’ve got a
really, really long list of new features, and the plan is to launch V2 with
the bulk of the most essential ones, then quickly roll out the rest
immediately following launch. Features, in no particular order,
- Scheduling campaigns. You can set day and time for delivery of your campaigns.
- One-click, automatic tracking. No more coding tracker links with
*|*. Just click a checkbox, and we do it for you. This includes
tracking opens, too.
- List Management. MailChimp will manage opt-ins, opt-outs, etc.
- Campaign Management. You will be able to save your campaigns in nice, neat little folders.
- Detailed Reports. Campaign reports will be much more thorough in V2.
- Save draft, without sending
- Tracking who clicked/opened, not just aggregates.
- More pricing options and plans
That’s not the full list, but these seem to be the most requested
If you have any questions or feedback, contact us here.
Oh, and if you have a minute or two, please take our MailChimp Survey. It’ll help us learn more about our users, and improve the chimp. Plus, there’s free stuff involved!